Our State-of-the-art Milling unit creates functional, comfortable, lifelike and beautiful custom teeth
It should come as no surprise that a treatment as revolutionary as dental implants depends highly on state-of-the-art dental technology. We can proudly say that our team utilizes the best dental technology in the world to deliver stunning results for our patients.
One of our core beliefs at as it relates to technology is that the dental materials we use must be second-to-none. Because treatment consists of a permanent prosthesis (also called hybrid) anchored to several dental implants, the hybrid itself must meet many criteria: it must be strong, aesthetic, functional, and comfortable. For meeting these criteria, there is simply no better material than zirconia.
The prostheses (teeth) that we attach to our dental implants are carved entirely from a solid block of zirconia. The prosthesis has both teeth and gum tissue that are highly aesthetic and virtually indistinguishable from real teeth and gums.
Zirconia is a dental material that has come into widespread use in recent years, and for good reason. Here are just a few of the beneficial characteristics of this robust material:
- Extremely high aesthetic value, indistinguishable from real teeth
- Much stronger than traditional materials such as acrylic
- Zirconia is extremely dense and non-porous, thus it does not stain and is very easy to keep clean
- Zirconia does not harbor bacteria that causes plaque nearly as much as other dental materials
- Acrylic prostheses with traditional denture teeth are prone to staining and developing unsavory odors—not the case with zirconia
- Because full zirconia prostheses are designed using CAD/CAM technology, the fit, feel, and function of them is much better than prostheses made with other materials
Obviously, it takes tremendous talent and ability to take a solid block of zirconia and transform it into a lifelike, comfortable, and functional implant-supported prosthesis. This is where our highly talented lab technicians come in and, just as importantly, the machine we use to mill the zirconia itself.
At , we utilize a milling machine known as the Ceramill 5-axis, the absolute best milling machine in the world today. Imported from Austria, this incredible piece of equipment utilizes CAD/CAM design input from our lab technicians to create a fully functional and highly precise zirconia prosthesis right here in our own facility.
When it comes to technology, we spare no expense to ensure that our patients are receiving the best care they can possibly get. Contact one of our offices today to learn more about our technology and how it can help you achieve a brand new smile in a single day.